EconPortal, powered by Platform X featuresNew! • LearningCurve Formative Quizzing Engine
embodies the simple but powerful concept of testing-to-learn, bringing adaptive question selection, personalized study plans, and state-of-the-art question analysis to game-like activities that keep students engaged with the material.New! • Launch Pad Prebuilt Lessons
offer a ready-to-use foundation for online homework, making it easy for instructors to get started with EconPortal
—whether they are using online course management for the first time or transitioning from another textbook and system.New! • Assignable Videos
with assessment questions help students make the connections between what they are studying and important news events, policy announcements, and a wide range of real-world applications of economic principles.
• A Graphing Tool that replicates the pencil-and-paper experience better than any product on the market by asking student to create curves, not simply shift them. There are an average of 20 graphing problems per chapter ranging in difficulty, skill, and topic.
• Test Bank, with questions sortable by level, skill, format, and topic.
• End-of-chapter problems from the text, easily assignable and automatically gradable.
• Student self-assessment resources tied specifically to each book.
• An HTML-based eBook that allows for note-taking (both public and private), custom syllabi (chapters and sections), highlighting, instructor-student communication, and more!
• The Economist News Feed—a realtime feed offering one-click assigning of Economist news articles.
• Integration and Customization—virtually every aspect of EconPortal is customizable, from the layout of the course and its elements to the content of the eBook. Instructors can easily add their own resources, remove what they don’t want to use, and create custom assignments and assessments.